Elections for the 2022-2023 State Officer Corp will be held at Oregon DeMolay Convention 2022 in Sunriver Memorial Day weekend. Active Demolay interested in running for an elected state officer position must meet all the requirements in the Prospective State Officers Packet and complete the appropriate forms. The deadline for completion is May 10, 2022.
QUALIFICATIONS TO RUN FOR AN ELECTED STATE OFFICE
To stand for election for an Elected State Office, a Candidate:
● Must be an Active Oregon DeMolay Member in good standing of an Oregon State DeMolay Member Chapter in good standing, obtained his Proficiency Card,
and completed the Leadership Correspondence Course;
● Must provide a copy of his School cumulative GPA Transcript. The candidate must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA (or equivalent depending on his school’s
grading system) with no current failing classes to run for office. Candidates who have graduated from high school must provide a copy of their high school
diploma or diploma equivalent;
● Must submit a statement signed by the candidate’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) giving their consent for their son to run for Elected State Office and acknowledge
that they have an understanding of the duties of the position and personal and financial responsibilities of being an Elected State Officer; and
● The candidate’s Chapter Advisory Council must submit a Candidate Form signed by the Chairman and Chapter Dad Advisor. This confidential Form provides for
acknowledgment of candidacy, meeting of minimum requirements, and comments for consideration of final approval.
State Master Councilor
In addition to the above requirements, to stand for election for the office of State Master Councilor, a Candidate:
● Must not have attained his twenty-first (21st) birthday at the time of election; and
● Must have served as an Elected State Officer for at least one (1) term prior to his election or receive special dispensation from the Executive Officer.
● Must prepare a term plan and budget for approval by the Executive Officer for his presumptive term as State Master Councilor no later than May 15.
State Senior Councilor and State Junior Councilor
In addition to the all candidates requirements, to stand for election for the offices of State Senior Councilor or State Junior Councilor, a Candidate:
● Must be a Past Master Councilor of an Oregon State DeMolay Member Chapter;
● Must not have attained his twentieth (20th) birthday at the time of election;
More information is provided in the below document.